We’re thrilled to share that Aneta Filiciak, formerly Vice President, Strategic Development, has been named CEO of 500px.
Aneta embodies the essence of 500px, with background and experience that ideally position her to lead the company. She’s a photographer with the heart of a creative, and has the business smarts to ensure we stay true to our vision.
“What I love about 500px is that we’re a true community that serves passionate photographers across all stages of their artistic and commercial journey,” said Aneta. “Whether you’re a new photographer looking for inspiration, or one of our more experienced creatives trying to monetize your work or skills, I see 500px as the premier place to be. We’re here to support you and help you grow.”
Since 2015, Aneta has held several key leadership roles within the company. In her role as VP of Strategic Development, she managed key strategic partnerships and oversaw all aspects of the business focused on providing community members with ways to monetize their work and skills. Aneta holds degrees in both mathematics and psychology, as well as an MBA. Prior to joining 500px, she worked in management consulting and financial services.
A renewed commitment to our photographers
Over the past few months, we’ve re-examined the needs of our community and how 500px can help you achieve your goals. “500px has always been, and will continue to be, focused on encouraging, celebrating, and rewarding incredible photography,” said Aneta. ”We continually work on creating the best experience for our community members.”
As a result, here are a few of the things our community can expect to see in the coming months:
- An updated Home Feed experience that will better distribute photo exposure on the platform
- Improvements for personalized photo recommendations, so you’re always seeing the type of content you want
- A simplified Discover experience, which will allow you to easily navigate to the type of content you want to explore
- Revamped tools and resources for contributors, including sophisticated AI-powered keywording to increase photo sales
- An improved profile layout that ensures 500px is the best place to showcase your work, plus, a new activity log on profiles, which will allow users to check out what photographers they follow are up to in the community
We can’t wait to share more with you as the above improvements roll out! If you have any questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main photo: Matthew Tran